Thursday, September 01, 2005

La Tahzan

Today at lunch, I went to the same shop. Kinokuniya Bookstore. I do this often. Sometimes I go there to check out the best sellers, sometimes to check out the newly release titles or sometimes just to read the magazines. Of fashion, fitness and movie stars. But today I didn't check the usual spots. I went to the Religion aisle. The intention was to find the best and easy to undertand books on Umrah and The Hajj rituals. The one that teaches you step-by-step process and the significant of each process. I found none. They recommeded that I go to Minerva Bookstore at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman. As a kid, I used to go there with my dad often. On my way out, I came across this book written by Dr. Aidh Abdullah. The title simply reads Don't Be Sad. I bought the book. I am on the second chapter, and it has so far been quite inspiring. Uplifting. The book talks about Uslah. Or the need to be alone and reflect. I do that quite often, but my time spent alone seems void and has turned me into what I feel, quite a depressed person. I hope I can learn more on why I am feeling this way. Maybe I am not doing Uslah the best way it should be done. 281 chapters to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home