Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Black Beauty

Black it is. 17 out of 27 said black. That's the colour of the new ride with the darkest shade allowable for my window tint. Darkest shade. It came out, unplanned. I started to ask them while we were sitting under the tree at the park, while waiting for the authorities to do counts and distribute bottled water at last week's firedrill. "Black or Silver?"

The funniest (most concerned, most serious) came from one of our interns from Cambodia. He said "But, Black in my country is for the dignitory, the authority, and the policeman. And for guys. And can see the dirt easily. I think you should go with Silver!". The rest offered equally exciting response "Black, black. It's nice!" "Black, cun!"

A poll from my colleagues. I decided to go with the majority. I can't decide and really needed it. They don't have it all but they shared the excitement. Appreciate it, especially now. I am grateful to have these wonderful people around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home