Monday, January 15, 2007

Brownie

The first time I made a batch of brownie, I thought it was a total disaster. That was because I didnt know that Brownie was supposed to have that odd gooey center with crumbly chocolate top. Not dry nor raised. To me it was supposed to be this perfect chocolate cake that was cut to squares and that the color was brown. Hence, the name brownie. Now, I know that that first time more than 20 years ago, was a perfect experience. Today, after spending a weekend long looking at all of my glorious collections of baking books, I decide to make a batch with a slight adaptation. This happens when I look at too many recipes. The below is part Nigella, part Magnolia and part Fitness magazine January 2007 issue. The brownie points?... I should get them from my loyal testers at work tomorrow. :-)

Ingredients
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup cooking chocolate
3 eggs
3 tablespoon yogurt
1.5 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa

Method.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees), grease and line a brownie pan or swiss roll cake tin
2. Melt chocolate, add cooking oil, stir well, then set aside for 10 minutes to cool
3. Mix eggs, vanilla, yogurt and sugar to cooled chocolate mixture, beat well
4. Put in dry ingredients, mix well
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or the top turn pale brown with crumbly texture but inside still soft and gooey.
6. Set aside to cool. Wrap tightly with a cling wrap and set aside overnight before cutting it to squares.
7. Enjoy with a glass of milk or a cup of black coffee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five stars, su!!

-pip-

11:05 AM  
Blogger Biscottisue said...

Thanks Pip! :)

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home