Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Orange Scented Bundt Blossom


We here are lucky because orange are always in abundance regardless of what time of the year we are in. I have been craving for a real good orange pound cake lately. My exploration into my little corner library has taken me into the depth of about seven to eight baking books. All that was found on orange and a pound look good and I decided on one.

I went and bought the ingredients at the local groceries; but only to stumble upon a great new book titled Mix and Bake by Belinda Jeffery at the local book store which I have to drop by each time I am on my way home. One of the bookstore lady and I started to chat about the current local news and the subject, as always, turned into ‘Which cookbook today?’

The tale of my orange pound cake cravings was imparted and she immediately recommended that I explore Mix and Bake as she has heard good reviews of it from several customers. As it was like how things were meant to be, a big bold orange cake caught my eye and it was aptly regarded as one of the author’s favourite; and that I can now confess that it is indeed could become true to any baker and in yours truly case – The Most Beautiful Orange Cake In The World.

I had also wanted to treat Pip and the girls at the office with something girly and different. The end result was a Bundt cake with drops of 18 pink ribbons and pink flower blossom as the center piece. The cake was taken to the office and tied with plenty of locally bought charms. The rituals of what usually done at bridal showers was celebrated for a birthday or in our case, October Girl Birthdays.

With the pink ribbons pulled, each charm took away with it crumbs of this delightful velvety and bold orange cake. Off we all went with our charms, together with the scent wonderful citrusy slice each individually packed in a round Tupperware for what would be and hopefully a heady, heavenly sweet experience at the end of day break of Ramadhan’s fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home